Installing Podman Desktop and Podman in a restricted environment
Consider using the Windows installer for restricted environments to install the Podman Desktop and Podman in a restricted environment.
The Windows installer for restricted environments:
- Has all artifacts required to install Podman Desktop and Podman.
- Does not require Internet access to download resources during installation.
- Does not contain additional utilities such as Compose or Kind.
- User with administrator privileges
- Windows 64bit
- Windows 10 Build 18362 or greater, or Windows 11
- On a virtual machine: Nested Virtualization enabled
> wsl --install --no-distribution
- Download the Windows installer for restricted environments, and copy the downloaded file to the Windows host in a restricted environment.
- Run the Windows installer for restricted environments to install Podman Desktop.
- Open Podman Desktop and click the Install button to install Podman.
- (Optionally) Configure Podman Desktop to run behind your proxy.
- (Optionally) Configure Podman to run behind your VPN.
- Create and start a Podman machine