This release note covers Podman Desktop 0.13 release changes.
- Podman Version: Podman 4.4.4 now included in Windows and Mac installers.
- Compose: Support for installing Docker Compose.
- Extensions: Improved extension support for Podman Desktop with additional capabilities.
- UX and UI Improvements: Welcome page, task manager, resources, and update alerts.
Podman Desktop 0.13 is now available. Click here to download it!
Update to Podman v4.4.4
You can install Docker Compose from the Podman Desktop UI #1578. This will allow you use Compose workflows using Podman.
To make it easier to extend Podman Desktop we have:
- Published the Podman Desktop Extension API to npmjs #1727
- Documented how to create, publish, and install your own extensions
- Expanded the API for
UI and UX improvements
The first time every user starts Podman Desktop, they will see a welcome page:
Note that the Welcome page will only appear the first time you run Podman Desktop 0.13.0, and none of your settings or assets in Podman Desktop will be affected by it. Over time, this page will be expanded to help with initial setup and configuration.
The Settings > Resources page has been updated with a new design, making it easier to see and control your providers from a single place.
The other settings pages have been updated for consistency with this new design.
A new alert button will appear in the status bar when future updates are available.
Other notable enhancements
- Kubernetes pods are now shown in the Pods view #1312
- Easy button to fix Docker compatibility mode on macOS #1697
- Display extension icons #1058
- API to cancel long running tasks #1777
The documentation has new content:
Notable bug fixes
- Periodically check and refresh Podman connection on Windows and Mac #1662
- Fix inconsistent Log view behaviour #1710
- Don't create route for regular Kubernetes clusters #1707
- Fix copy button on empty screen #1804
- Register extension tray items correctly #1778 and handle updates #1800
Community thank you
🎉 We’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped to make Podman Desktop 0.13 even better:
Tony Soloveyvin #1605 - Fix directories inconsistency in
Olegin #1567 - Check for Flatpak when calling command from exec
Christoph Bleckerin #1556 - Fix: Hide dock icon on macOS if starting minimized
Paul Wrightin #1604 - Docs: correct syntax of kind doc
Denis Golovinin #1790 - Feat: add EventEmitter class to extension API
Christophe Fergeauin #1642 - Fix: Pod list "an pod" typing error
The complete list of issues fixed in this release is available here.
Get the latest release from the Downloads section of the website and boost your development journey with Podman Desktop. Additionally, visit the GitHub repository and see how you can help us make Podman Desktop better.