Podman Desktop 1.1 Release! 🎉
This is primarily a bug-fix release to fix a few important issues, but we've managed to squeeze in a few enhancements along the way.
- Podman 4.5.1: Podman 4.5.1 now included in Windows and Mac installers.
- Extensions: Update extensions from within Podman Desktop.
- Lima Support: Choose engine type and override its name from the settings.
- UX and UI Improvements: New loading screen.
Podman Desktop 1.1 is now available. Click here to download it!
Podman Desktop 1.1 moves up to Podman 4.5.1.
Optional extensions will follow their own lifecycle and update independently from Podman Desktop. As of this release you'll be able to see when there is an update available and install from within Podman Desktop #2655.
We've also added options in Settings > Preferences to automatically check for and install extension updates.
Other UI and UX Improvements
New Loading Screen
We have a new loading screen, Podman Desktop style! #2743.
Other Notable Enhancements
- Docker-compose can be installed system-wide #2718.
- Show warning when creating a pod with two containers that use the same port #2671.
- Display Kubernetes context name in pod label #2634.
- Add Docker compatibility button using flatpak-spawn #1925.
- Improve UI consistency of Pull Image page #2604.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Could not install extensions on Windows 10 #2762.
- Could not use locally built images on Kubernetes #2710.
- Dashboard still suggests update after installation #2648.
- Could not Play Kubernetes YAML to Podman on Windows #2594.
- Pod label wasn't always shown in list #2614.
- Dashboard button state was resetting #2584.
- Change checkbox style so they don't look like stop buttons #2723.
Community Thank You
🎉 We’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped to make Podman Desktop even better. In this sprint we received pull requests from the following people:
- wangxiaolei in #2602 - Add meaningful tooltips to build, pull, prune buttons
- AsciiWolf in #2607 - fix typing error in Flathub name and #2609 - fix Flatpak install instructions
- Anders Björklund in #2674 - Select engine for Lima provider
Get the latest release from the Downloads section of the website and boost your development journey with Podman Desktop. Additionally, visit the GitHub repository and see how you can help us make Podman Desktop better.